(Check to make sure info is accurate for SUHSD)
TYPES OF GPA
On your transcripts there are several GPA's that hold a different significance and each one is explained below:
- Cumulative GPA: Includes all courses in 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade; repeated courses are averaged (i.e if you took World History twice, the average of both is used); and an extra point is given for AP, Honors, and (Plus +) classes only.
- California State University (CSU): Overall weighted; all A-G courses from 10th grade to the summer after 11th are included in the computation except Physical Education courses; extra points are added for each approved Honors and AP class (no more than 8 honors/AP courses can be used for this GPA).
- University of California (UC): academic weighted; ONLY English, Math, Science, Foreign Language, Social Studies, Visual/Performing Arts (A-G courses 10th grade - summer after 11th ); extra points are added for each approved Honors and AP class (no more than 4 points can be included for 10th grade).
- Cal-Grant/Financial Aid: is 10th and 11th grades ONLY, no summer school after 11th; includes all courses except Physical Education; no extra points; repeated courses are averaged.
- SUHSD: is ALL courses 9th, 10th, 11th, and fall of 12th; repeated courses are averaged; an extra (?) point is given for AP classes only. This GPA is used to determine class rank and becomes official after the Fall Semester of Senior year.
To Calculate your GPA you can use the SUHSD GPA Calculation Form or you can use the CSU GPA Calculator.